Monday, April 11, 2011

"Race for the Cure" Breast Cancer Awareness 2011


The 20th Anniversary for Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is coming up this week on April 16, 2011. It is a great event that I want to make sure to show my support for. Breast Cancer affects my family a great deal because my grandmother whom is the rock of our family has lived with it and just recently was able to say that she is Cancer free. My grandmother never knew that this could have happened to her but it has changed her life and mine.

Breast Cancer is a malignant tumor that has developed from cells in the breast. It comes with age, 90% of the cases are from genetic abnormalities that develop overtime. Breast Cancer affects 1 in 8 women in America and next to Lung Cancer it is a leading cause of a cancerous death. 

Let us all come together to support, raise awareness, share stories and help us find a cure. Indianapolis Be A Part of Something Life Changing.

“Race for the Cure” 5K Walk/Run April 16, 2011 at IUPUI Library 700 block West New York Street. Registration begins at 7:00am and the walk starts at 9:00am after the ceremony and the parade. I wanted to make sure that we have all the support we need Indiana, I support and my heart goes out to all of the survivors and families that have been affected by Breast Cancer.

See you Saturday!    
I appreciate all the support,


Demitrea Kelley Miss Black Indiana USA 2011
Blessed Beyond Possible Measure

No comments:

Post a Comment